Senior Engineer (Design Management)
Competitive Remuneration Package
Contract (4 years)
Engineering Services, Infrastructure Services
Are you ready to join our team and build Australia's best regional community?
Here at Bundaberg Regional Council our vision is bold but simple, to build Australia’s best regional community. In order to achieve this, we’ve created a culture that’s centred on our core values. To be a Council that is customer focused, respectful and prides itself on team work, leadership, sustainability and innovation. We’re an all-inclusive Council that celebrates diversity and communicates in an open and respectful manner.
About the Opportunity
We are seeking to recruit a Senior Engineer Design Management, to join our team and be responsible for providing professional engineering services to deliver Council's Civil Design & Capital Works Programs. This role involves the review and certification of civil design for roads, drainage systems, sewerage infrastructure and water supply infrastructure. In addition to this, you will provide leadership and technical mentoring for civil designers, draftsperson/s and cadets and also complete complex engineering field investigations and technical reports to develop innovative and practical solutions.
- You will possess a Bachelor of Civil Engineering (or equivalent as accredited by Engineers Australia at the level of professional engineer under the Washington Accord)
- Are a Registered Professional Engineer of Queensland (RPEQ)
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience and extensive knowledge in the design of Civil Infrastructure
- Advanced knowledge in various engineering software such as 12D, AutoCAD and GIS software such as Arc & MapInfo
- Advanced interpersonal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively liaise with a diverse range of clients, stakeholders, consultants and staff
What we offer
- A competitive remuneration salary with options for salary sacrifice, up to 12% Superannuation contributions, 17.5% leave loading
- 36.25 hour working week, including long weekends
- Opportunities for professional development training and study assistance to enhance your career progression
- Work within a culture that promotes a healthy work-life balance and a friendly and supported team
- An all-inclusive and diverse workplace culture where everyone feels valued
How to Apply
The Selection Process
The preferred candidate will be required to undertake a national Police Clearance as part of the recruitment process and may also be required to undertake medical checks.
Closing Date: Sunday 17 January 2021 AEST
Thank you for your interest in this position. We look forward to receiving your application.