Labourer - Water Services
$58,169 per annum + super + benefits
Water Services Branch
Are you ready to join our team and build Australia's best regional community?
Here at Bundaberg Regional Council, our vision is bold but simple, to build Australia’s best regional community. In order to achieve this, we’ve created a culture that’s centered on our core values. To be a Council that is customer-focused, respectful and prides itself on teamwork, diversity, sustainability, and innovation. Uniquely positioned north of Brisbane in Queensland, Australia, the Bundaberg Region is one of Australia’s fastest-growing regional cities and the gateway to the Southern Great Barrier Reef. The Bundaberg Region boasts the most equitable climate in Australia and rates fifth in the world alongside Hawaii. Noted for its environmental excellence, pristine waterways, and proximity to the Great Barrier Reef, the Bundaberg Region showcases everything that nature’s palette can create.
About The Opportunity
In your role as a Labourer you will be part of a multi-disciplined team that is capable of performing a wide range of operational, maintenance, repair and construction activities along with the operation of light and medium mechanical plant within the Water Services’ facilities and reticulation infrastructure, to provide a safe, efficient and responsive 24/7 hour service. You will be involved in operational, maintenance and construction works at various Water Services facilities across the Bundaberg region. You will need the ability to comprehend reticulation drawings for Water Services Reticulation Systems and operate and maintain equipment, plant and machinery (including farm machinery) in accordance with Council’s requirements. You will assist with after-hours work and be part of an on-call support roster for the Service Delivery section of Water Services to ensure 24/7 service to customers.
- Demonstrated proficiency and verification of skills to operate light and medium mechanical equipment utilised in the Water Services construction and maintenance activities.
- A current Class ‘HR’ Drivers Licence is essential.
- Demonstrated knowledge & experience in the use of various farm equipment.
- Demonstrated experience in construction works and maintenance programs in the water services industry or similar field.
- Demonstrated sound oral and written communication skills with the ability to liaise with a variety of internal and external parties.
- Current Construction Induction (White/Blue Card).
What we offer
- An attractive remuneration salary with options for salary sacrifice, up to 12% Superannuation contributions, 17.5% leave loading
- 38 hour working week, regular rostered days off, including long weekends
- Great staff benefits including free car parking and corporate uniforms, discounted health insurance and free financial advice
- Opportunities for professional development training and study assistance to enhance your career progression
- Work within a culture that promotes a healthy work-life balance, flexible working arrangements and a friendly and supported team
The Selection Process
The preferred candidate will be required to undertake a pre-employment medical and National Police Clearance as part of the recruitment process.
How to Apply
Closing Date: 11:30pm Thursday 1 October 2020 AEST
Thank you for your interest in this position. We look forward to receiving your application.