$72,449 per annum + super + benefits
Communications & Marketing Services
Are you ready to join our team and build Australia's best regional community?
Here at Bundaberg Regional Council, our vision is bold but simple, to build Australia’s best regional community. In order to achieve this, we’ve created a culture that’s centered on our core values. To be a Council that is customer-focused, respectful and prides itself on teamwork, diversity, sustainability, and innovation. Uniquely positioned north of Brisbane in Queensland, Australia, the Bundaberg Region is one of Australia’s fastest-growing regional cities and the gateway to the Southern Great Barrier Reef. The Bundaberg Region boasts the most equitable climate in Australia and rates fifth in the world alongside Hawaii. Noted for its environmental excellence, pristine waterways, and proximity to the Great Barrier Reef, the Bundaberg Region showcases everything that nature’s palette can create.
About The Opportunity
Your role as an Marketing Assistant is to support the Communications department with website content management and the development of high-quality graphic design work that’s consistent with Council branding and artwork. This work will reflect the Council’s mission to enhance the representation and reputation of the Bundaberg Regional Council locally, nationally and internationally. You will develop and implement marketing strategies and plans for Council’s Corporate Plan,Communications Strategy and branding guidelines and ensure the consistency of campaign delivery across all Council campaigns. You will also assist with marketing and communications-related functions including content preparation, event assistance and social media and also undertake market research, market segment analysis and information collation through the use of email, digital and traditional mediums.
- Demonstrated experience in marketing or similar role including digital media experience and the ability to create content for web and social channels.
- Demonstrated experience in planning and design work for promotional material, publications and marketing collateral.
- Demonstrated experience in assisting clients with concepts, development and delivery of digital banners, flyers, brochures, newsletters, posters, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to develop productive relationships with multiple stakeholders including working with diverse stakeholder groups across varying levels of seniority and divisions.
- Self-management and organisational skills, including the ability to manage competing priorities and manage time effectively
- Live and uphold the Council's values
What We Offer
- An attractive remuneration salary with options for salary sacrifice, up to 12% Superannuation contributions, 17.5% leave loading
- 36.25 hour working week, regular rostered days off, including long weekends
- Great staff benefits including free car parking, corporate uniforms, discounted health insurance and free financial advice
- Opportunities for professional development training and study assistance to enhance your career progression
- Work within a culture that promotes a healthy work-life balance, flexible working arrangements and a friendly and supported team
The Selection Process
The preferred candidate will be required to undertake a National Police Clearance as part of the recruitment process.
How to Apply
Closing Date: COB Sunday 4 October 2020 11:30pm AEST
Thank you for your interest in this position. We look forward to receiving your application.