Senior Revenue Recovery Officer
$72,449 per annum + super + benefits
Financial Services Branch
Are you ready to join our team and build Australia's best regional community?
Here at Bundaberg Regional Council, our vision is bold but simple, to build Australia’s best regional community. In order to achieve this, we’ve created a culture that’s centered on our core values. To be a Council that is customer-focused, respectful and prides itself on teamwork, diversity, sustainability, and innovation. Uniquely positioned north of Brisbane in Queensland, Australia, the Bundaberg Region is one of Australia’s fastest-growing regional cities and the gateway to the Southern Great Barrier Reef. The Bundaberg Region boasts the most equitable climate in Australia and rates fifth in the world alongside Hawaii. Noted for its environmental excellence, pristine waterways, and proximity to the Great Barrier Reef, the Bundaberg Region showcases everything that nature’s palette can create.
About The Opportunity
In your role as Senior Revenue Recovery Officer you will provide high level administrative support and a customer focused approach to your customers who are at all levels within Council and the public sector. You will be involved in the preparation of internal notices and liaison with Council’s contractors to ensure project completion and the debt recovery. You will prepare monthly statistical reports to illustrate the current level of Council’s revenue-associated debt, and action any requests resulting from these reports. The preparation for sale of land for rate arrears while ensuring compliance with legislation is also one of your responsibilities.
- Demonstrated excellent customer service, relationship building, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-management and organisational skills, including the ability to manage competing priorities and manage time effectively.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in revenue recovery practices and associated administrative support activities.
- Demonstrated ability to work in and contribute to a professional high performing team.
- High level skills and experience in using information technology systems and software.
- Qualifications in a related field is highly desirable.
- Commitment to live and uphold the Council's values.
What We Offer
- An attractive remuneration salary with options for salary sacrifice, up to 12% Superannuation contributions, 17.5% leave loading
- 36.25 hour working week, regular rostered days off, including long weekends
- Great staff benefits including free car parking, corporate uniforms, discounted health insurance and free financial advice
- Opportunities for professional development training and study assistance to enhance your career progression
- Work within a culture that promotes a healthy work-life balance, flexible working arrangements and a friendly and supported team
The Selection Process
The preferred candidate will be required to undertake a National Police Clearance as part of the recruitment process.
How to Apply
Closing Date: 5:00pm Sunday 27 September 2020 AEST
Thank you for your interest in this position. We look forward to receiving your application.