$62,484 per annum + super + benefits
Permanent, Full Time
Parks, Sports & Natural Areas
Community & Environment
Are you ready to join our team and build Australia's best regional community?
Here at Bundaberg Regional Council our vision is bold but simple, to build Australia’s best regional community. In order to achieve this, we’ve created a culture that’s centred on our core values. To be a Council that is customer focused, respectful and prides itself on team work, leadership, sustainability and innovation. We’re an all-inclusive Council that celebrates diversity and communicates in an open and respectful manner.
About the Opportunity
Your role as a Carpenter is to maintain and enhance the environment of our Parks, Gardens and Open Spaces, Cemeteries, reserves, Beaches and Foreshores, and Streetscape.
The focus of this position is to be part of a multi-disciplined team that is capable of all types of building construction, demolition and maintenance activities assigned from internal service requests, in an efficient, timely manner.
- You possess a Trade Certificate as a Carpenter (by apprenticeship) or AQF equivalent WITH an additional 12 points of relevant structured training from another trade or post trade either through studies or a RPL competency assessment
- Considerable industry experience and ability to apply additional cross trade or advanced in-trade competencies across domestic, commercial and industrial areas of the building industry
- Ability to understand and implement quality control techniques, with sound fault finding skills
- Demonstrated ability to operate standard industry air or electrical power tools and a wide range of complex machines or equipment in a safe manner.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicated effectively to a variety of internal and external parties
- The ability to work in a team environment to ensure team objectives are successfully achieved
- Live and uphold the Council's values
What we offer
- A competitive remuneration salary with options for salary sacrifice, up to 12% Superannuation contributions, 17.5% leave loading
- Regular rostered days off, including long weekends
- Opportunities for professional development training and study assistance to enhance your career progression
- Work within a culture that promotes a healthy work-life balance and a friendly and supported team
- An all-inclusive and diverse workplace culture where everyone feels valued
The Selection Process
The preferred candidate will be required to undergo a National Police Check and Pre-employment medicals (which may include drug and alcohol testing), as part of the recruitment process.
How to Apply
Closing Date: COB Tuesday 14 April 2020 AEST
Thank you for your interest in this position. We look forward to receiving your application.