Plant Operator - Collection Services
$38.99 p/hr + penalty rates
Waste & Health Services
Community & Environment
Are you ready to join our team and build Australia's best regional community?
Here at Bundaberg Regional Council our vision is bold but simple, to build Australia’s best regional community. In order to achieve this, we’ve created a culture that’s centred on our core values. To be a Council that is customer focused, respectful and prides itself on team work, leadership, sustainability and innovation. We’re an all-inclusive Council that celebrates diversity and communicates in an open and respectful manner.
About the Opportunity
Your role as a Plant Operator - Collection Services is to provide efficient waste management services in the local Community.
- You hold a current 'HR' licence (Forklift Operator Ticket & HC Licence would be highly regarded)
- Previous experience in side lifting
- Demonstrated experience in the operation of both single and dual axle trucks, including pre-start checks and essential basic maintenance
- Strong knowledge of the Bundaberg region, with the ability to learn and follow predetermined collection routes
- Good customer service and conflict resolutions skills
- The ability to work in a team environment to ensure team objectives are successfully achieved
- Live and uphold the Council's values
What we offer
- A competitive hourly rate, penalty rates apply to public holidays and overtime
- Generous employer superannuation
- Work within a culture that promotes a healthy work-life balance and a friendly and supported team
- An all-inclusive and diverse workplace culture where everyone feels valued
The Selection Process
The preferred candidate will be required to undergo a National Police Check and Pre-employment medicals (which may include drug and alcohol testing), as part of the recruitment process.
How to Apply
Closing Date: COB Monday 6 April 2020 AEST
Thank you for your interest in this position. We look forward to receiving your application.