Principal Civil Engineer
Circa $118,000 package
Water Services, Infrastructure Services
Are you ready to join our team and build Australia's best regional community?
Here at Bundaberg Regional Council our vision is bold but simple, to build Australia’s best regional community. In order to achieve this, we’ve created a culture that’s centred on our core values. To be a Council that is customer focused, respectful and prides itself on team work, leadership, sustainability and innovation. We’re an all-inclusive Council that celebrates diversity and communicates in an open and respectful manner.
About the Opportunity
We are seeking to recruit a Principal Civil Engineer, responsible for research, investigation, analysis and technical review of Water Services process and asset operations. Your broad skills across to provide a range of civil engineering support, advice and design input to the efficient operation, upgrade and creation of water and wastewater assets, particular focus in relation to network operations and maintenance aspects, will ensure your success in delivering initiatives that enhance business outcomes in Water Services.
- You will possess a Bachelor of Engineering (Civil)
- Are a Registered Professional Engineer of Queensland (RPEQ)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in water infrastructure planning and project design
- Proven skills in managing water projects, planning, developing schedules, lead, co-ordinate and direct to meet completion deadlines
- Expertise in the preparation, review and delivery of technical reports, design calculations, drawings, equipment specifications, cost estimates, tender documentation, reporting and proposal writing
- The ability to build and develop relationships with key stakeholders, including internal parties, with a strong customer service focus
What we offer
- A competitive remuneration salary with options for salary sacrifice, up to 12% Superannuation contributions, 17.5% leave loading
- 36.25 hour working week, regular rostered days off, including long weekends
- Opportunities for professional development training and study assistance to enhance your career progression
- Work within a culture that promotes a healthy work-life balance and a friendly and supported team
- An all-inclusive and diverse workplace culture where everyone feels valued
How to Apply
The Selection Process
The preferred candidate will be required to undertake a national Police Clearance as part of the recruitment process.
Closing Date: Sunday 12 April 2020 AEST
Thank you for your interest in this position. We look forward to receiving your application.