Senior Talent Specialist
Here at Bundaberg Regional Council our vision is bold but simple, to build Australia’s best regional community.
In order to achieve this, we’ve created a culture that’s centred on our core values. To be a council that is customer focused, respectful and prides itself on constant team work, leadership, sustainability and innovation. We’re an all-inclusive council that celebrates diversity and communicates in an open and respectful manner.
About the region:
Uniquely positioned north of Brisbane in Queensland, Australia, the Bundaberg Region is one of Australia’s fastest growing regional cities and the gateway to the Southern Great Barrier Reef.
The Bundaberg Region boasts the most equitable climate in Australia and rates fifth in the world alongside Hawaii.
A dynamic and emerging Queensland city, Bundaberg is the centrepiece of the region which includes long established rural communities at Gin Gin and Childers.
Noted for its environmental excellence, pristine waterways and proximity to the Great Barrier Reef, the Bundaberg Region showcases everything that nature’s palette can create.
Agricultural pursuits the envy of the nation and iconic products that take the name of Bundaberg to the world - we are a community on the rise.
About The Role
As a Senior Talent Specialist your position supports Council’s direction by overseeing and coordinating the contemporary, professional and technical end-to-end recruitment, talent acquisition, onboarding and labour hire management services for the organisation. This role will train, coach and mentor leaders throughout Council in best practice recruitment.
Employment Status: Permanent Full-Time
We are looking for someone who:
- Has Tertiary qualifications in human resources, business, administration or a related field, and/or significant experience within a similar role
- Demonstrated experience in a senior recruitment role with end to end contemporary talent sourcing and acquisition processes for a medium to large employer
- Experience in providing talent acquisition training, advice, assistance and coaching to leaders on how to apply best practice talent acquisition principles and approaches
- Demonstrated experience in operating in a supervisory role with the ability to lead, coach and mentor direct reports
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, team work and communication skills, including the ability to build networks and strong relationships with internal and external customers such as recruitment agencies, registered training organisations and labour hire companies to achieve the best outcomes for Council
- Possess Strong IT skills including the ability to use recruitment/applicant tracking software and Microsoft Office Suite in order to manage recruitment and provide accurate reporting to stakeholders
- Strong administration and organisational skills with the ability to exercise initiative, organise workloads, problem solve, prioritise competing requests, meet deadlines and work with minimal supervision
- Lives and upholds the Council's values
In return for your hard work and enthusiasm, Bundaberg Regional Council offer some amazing benefits including:
- Competitive remuneration package
- Generous employer super 12%
- Fantastic work-life balance
- Rostered day off every 3 weeks
- Employer of choice
We support flexibility and telecommuting so you can integrate work and life in a way that is optimal for you.
Applications Close: Monday 27 January 2020 AEST
To Apply: Please answer the below questionnaire followed by attaching your Resume.
Prior to being made an offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a National Police Check as part of the recruitment process.
Bundaberg Regional Council prides itself as an equal opportunity employer and embraces the diversity that our teams bring so if this sounds like the position for you, don’t delay- apply now!