Cadet Building Officer
Here at Bundaberg Regional Council our vision is bold but simple, to build Australia’s best regional community.
In order to achieve this, we’ve created a culture that’s centred on our core values. To be a Council that is customer focused, respectful and prides itself on team work, leadership, sustainability and innovation. We’re an all-inclusive Council that celebrates diversity and communicates in an open and respectful manner.
About The Role
Your role as a Cadet Building Officer is to undertake a cadetship with Council to complete studies in building certification and assist the development team with building enquiries.
Employment Status: Temporary Full-Time (3-4 years)
Remuneration: $55,742 on commencement, level increase each consecutive year
We are looking for people who:
- Are studying toward or have the ability to be enrolled in a relevant tertiary qualification in Building/Construction, which provides eligibility to perform building certification services in Queensland
- Can acquire knowledge of the Development Compliance team in relation to building regulatory matters
- Has the ability to apply established practices and procedures under the direction of a Building Officer, so developments by the Bundaberg Regional Council meet statutory requirements and community expectations
- Previous knowledge or experience working in the building industry is desirable
- Possess a current 'C' class driver's licence
- Live and uphold the Council's values
In return for your hard work and enthusiasm, Bundaberg Regional Council offer some amazing benefits including:
- Attractive remuneration package
- Up to 12% superannuation contributions
- Studying costs paid for by the Bundaberg Regional Council, approx $7,000 per annum
- Ongoing development and training
- An employer of choice
Applications Close: Monday 16 December 2019 AEST
To Apply: Please answer the below questionnaire followed by attaching your Resume.
Bundaberg Regional Council prides itself as an equal opportunity employer and embraces the diversity that our teams bring so if this sounds like the position for you, don’t delay- apply now!