Manager - Health and Regulatory Services
Here at Bundaberg Regional Council our vision is bold but simple, to build Australia’s best regional community.
In order to achieve this, we’ve created a culture that’s centred on our core values. To be a Council that is customer focused, respectful and prides itself on team work, leadership, sustainability and innovation. We’re an all-inclusive Council that celebrates diversity and communicates in an open and respectful manner.
About The Role
The role of the Manager - Health and Regulatory Services is to provide a high level strategic direction and operational day to day management of Council’s Health and Regulatory Services Branch.
This role provides specialist advice and assistance to the General Manager in the areas of strategic planning, financial management and business planning to ensure that services provided by the Branch are cost effective, meet community expectations and are delivered with a focus on high quality customer. This role provides leadership in applying technical expertise of relevant State Legislation and Council’s Local Laws to Regulatory Compliance investigations, inspections, monitoring, public education, consultation and enforcement services for the protection, promotion and improvement of public health, environmental protection, amenity and safety standards for the community within the Bundaberg Region.
Employment Status: 4 year contract
Remuneration: $120,000 + $18,0000 Car Allowance + Up to 12% Superannuation
Total Package Value: $152,400
We are looking for people who:
- Possess high level management experience in the Environmental Health, Compliance, Local Law Enforcement or Regulatory Services
- Hold Tertiary Qualification in Environmental Health, Health Science or other relevant fields
- Demonstrates high level leadership skills with the ability to provide operational advice and direction to staff within the Environmental Health and Regulatory Services field and extensive knowledge of the current legislation and regulatory regime in Queensland applicable to this role
- Demonstrated experience in building networks and creating linkages with necessary professional organisations or peak bodies to ensure that current thinking keeps pace with any innovations or new developments within areas of responsibility
- Proven skills in managing conflict, making difficult decisions and managing staff through organisational and cultural change
- High level experience in budget development, monitoring and reporting
- Current professional membership or eligibility for membership with Environmental Health Australia (Qld)
- Live and uphold the Council's values
In return for your hard work and enthusiasm, Bundaberg Regional Council offer some amazing benefits including:
- Attractive remuneration package
- Up to 12% superannuation contributions
- Great working environment
- An employer of choice
Applications Close: Friday 13 December 2019 AEST
To Apply: Please answer the questionnaire below followed by attaching your Resume.
Bundaberg Regional Council prides itself as an equal opportunity employer and embraces the diversity that our teams bring so if this sounds like the position for you, don’t delay- apply now!