Economic Development Officer (Special Projects)
Here at Bundaberg Regional Council our vision is bold but simple, to build Australia’s best regional community.
In order to achieve this, we’ve created a culture that’s centred on our core values. To be a Council that is customer focused, respectful and prides itself on team work, leadership, sustainability and innovation. We’re an all-inclusive Council that celebrates diversity and communicates in an open and respectful manner.
About The Role
Your role as an Economic Development Officer (Special Projects) is to support the formulation and delivery of a range of strategic initiatives and projects delivered by the Strategic Projects and Economic Development Unit of the Bundaberg Regional Council.
Employment Status: Permanent Full-Time
We are looking for people who:
- Possess relevant formal qualifications and/or experience in a relevant field such as economics, environmental sustainability, innovation, commerce, business management, business administration, marketing or project management
- Proven experience in the formulation and implementation of economic development strategies, or the delivery of smart city and sustainable strategies
- Highly developed research, analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to think strategically, particularly in relation to the analysis of trends and opportunities
- A good understanding of local community conditions and the role of local government in sustainability policy and technology
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to liaise with a wide variety of audience including all levels of staff, public and government bodies, and the business community
- Skilled in the use of computer and industry standard software, including MS Office Suite
- Live and uphold the Council's values
In return for your hard work and enthusiasm, Bundaberg Regional Council offer some amazing benefits including:
- Competitive remuneration package
- Up to 12% superannuation contributions
- A rostered day off
- Great working environment
- An employer of choice
Applications Close: Tuesday 3 December 2019 AEST
To Apply: Please answer the below questionnaire followed by attaching your Resume.
Bundaberg Regional Council prides itself as an equal opportunity employer and embraces the diversity that our teams bring so if this sounds like the position for you, don’t delay- apply now!