Civil Works Engineer
$103,651 + super + benefits
Permanent Full Time
Civil Works, Infrastructure Services
Are you ready to join our team and build Australia's best regional community?
Here at Bundaberg Regional Council our vision is bold but simple, to build Australia’s best regional community. In order to achieve this, we’ve created a culture that’s centred on our core values. To be a Council that is customer focused, respectful and prides itself on team work, leadership, sustainability and innovation. We’re an all-inclusive Council that celebrates diversity and communicates in an open and respectful manner.
About the Opportunity
We are seeking to recruit a Civil Works Engineer, to join our team and provide engineering assistance to Council's District Engineers Civil Works capital construction and maintenance operations. You will apply your engineering skills to implement effective cost management systems and practices for construction and maintenance activities that generate a focus on operational efficiency. In addition to this, you will undertake stakeholder engagement and risk management processes that are integral to the Civil Works management and operations.
- You will possess a Bachelor of Civil Engineering (or equivalent as accredited by Engineers Australia at the level of professional engineer under the Washington Accord)
- Are a Registered Professional Engineer of Queensland (RPEQ), or willing to obtain
- Demonstrated experience in the construction and maintenance of roadworks and stormwater networks
- Extensive working knowledge of Asset Management principles
- Well developed interpersonal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively liaise with a diverse range of clients, stakeholders, consultants and staff
What we offer
- A competitive remuneration salary with options for salary sacrifice, up to 12% Superannuation contributions, 17.5% leave loading
- 36.25 hour working week, including long weekends
- Opportunities for professional development training and study assistance to enhance your career progression
- Work within a culture that promotes a healthy work-life balance and a friendly and supported team
- An all-inclusive and diverse workplace culture where everyone feels valued
How to Apply
The Selection Process
The preferred candidate will be required to undertake a national Police Clearance as part of the recruitment process and may also be required to undertake medical checks.
Closing Date: Sunday 31 January 2021 AEST
Thank you for your interest in this position. We look forward to receiving your application.